Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The God of War Or Peace - Helping With Bible Problems

Here's two verses I found in the Bible that seem to contradict themselves but I'm sure that with a little creativity and manipulation, a good minister or religious scholar, could make some sense out of it.

Exodus 15:3 (New International Version) The LORD is a warrior; the LORD is his name.

Romans 15:33 (New International Version) The God of peace be with you all. Amen.

The Lord is a warrior does not mean that he fights or kills, does it. According to the Old Testament, God killed plenty of people and even took out an entire city one time, flooded the earth to get rid of the evil and of course who could forget, that once we get into the New Testament, God killed his only begotten son Jesus. I don't know if I would really want this guy as my father.

It seems like he has a pretty bad temper on him but is extremely loving, caring and understanding. Are you confused yet, I am. Maybe I shouldn't be throwing the word I am around.

The God of peace states that he is a loving and understanding leader. This makes more sense to me because he did create the earth and everything around it. If I was for example, building a home to create a nice peaceful place to live, I wouldn't be thinking about destroing what I created. I would be thinking more along the lines of how I could take care of this creation.

It makes more sense to me that God would be peaceful but sometimes in order to have peace, we need to be a warrior. If God would have created us to be more compassionate, gave us plenty of food to eat, plenty of homes to live in, removed our sinful nature and of course who could forget, give us a purpose in life that is clearly understandable, I wouldn't see a need for warriors.

Maybe the God of peace is different than the Lord is a warrior. Thinking is a good thing, put your thinking caps on and start reading some of the Bible with an open mind.

Treated Fairly Christianity

You are free to copy this article to your site as long as you include the following resource information with an active link to my site:

Greg Vanden Berge is a published author, internet marketing expert, motivational inspiration to millions of people all over the world and is sharing some of his wisdom with experts in the fields of writing,marketing and personal development.

Greg is currently working on a spiritual video library filled with great movies on a wide array of topics, like religion, self help and spiritual changes in the world.

No comments: