"Where there is life there is hope. Where there is hope there are dreams. Where there are vivid dreams repeated, they become goals. Goals become the action plans that winners dwell on." --Dennis Waitley
Fifteen Steps to a Healthy Self-Image
1. Inventory your positive strengths - We all have them, write them down and review them from time to time.
2. Winning appearance and hygiene - You only get one chance to make a first impression.
3. Study people who have achieved great things - Success leaves clues.
4. Listen to tapes, speakers, teachers, preachers, and anyone else who is a builder of mankind. Read self-improvement books and attend personal growth seminars.
5. Have little successes every day; then build it to big ones - celebrate the little successes in life.
6. Give smiles and praise to people - When you fill their bucket, you fill you own bucket as well.
7. Help others - especially those who will never be able to pay you back.
8. Associate with winners--positive, optimistic people.
9. Make a written list of all your good qualities.
10. Make a victory list of all your past successes - mentally picture your successes.
11. Avoid negative people - you know them as the Water Cooler group or the "good ole boys club."
12. Learn persistence from successful failures.
13. Develop public speaking abilities - fear and doubt will diminish with practice and time. Volunteer to speak to groups in your area.
14. Look people in the eye when communicating--it shows honesty, sincerity, and confidence.
15. Sharpen your physical appearance when possible, practical, and desirable.
"If you add a little to a little and do this often, soon that little becomes great." Hesiod
Tom Hughes has been writing a motivational newsletter, Motivational Moments since April 2001. He has spoken to business organizations, civic organizations, college, and high school groups, faculty and staff workshops and sports teams. His website is http://www.motivationnmore.com